I am happy to come to your school, university, place of business, synagogue or church to speak with parents, educators or others whose lives intertwine with adolescents. These talks can be lectures, Q & A sessions, small group discussions, keynote speeches or a combination of the above.
- parent – teen relationships
- kids and tech
- kids and stress
- teens and stress
- balancing compassion with accountability
- the disrespectful teen at home
- better “citizenship” at home
- no more nagging
- raising a boy who doesn’t like sports
Stop Walking On Eggshells Around Your Moody, Angry, or Manipulative Teen: Effective Strategies for Firm, Dignified, Compassionate Parenting
Parents with headstrong, moody, angry, or manipulative teenagers often have difficulty managing the extreme emotional reactions they get from them when they try to hold them accountable for their behavior. These teens like to “punish” their parents for their firm parenting by becoming angrier, moodier, or giving them the silent treatment. Parents then often begin a pattern of avoiding conflict by backing off their expectations, which is followed by an even greater lapse in responsibility on the part of the teenager.
“The Last Boys Picked”: Supporting Boys Who Don’t Play Sports
Boys who don’t adhere to standard masculine ideals (big, tough, sporty) often find themselves marginalized by peers and targeted by bullies. This talk addresses how parents, educators, coaches, and other youth mentors can help these boys manage the teasing, learn to value their own skills and attributes, and discover settings where they’ll be appreciated for who they are.
Parenting Anxious, Depressed, or Disrespectful Teens
Click to hear a one hour talk for parents of teenagers discussing:
- why teenagers are so anxious and how we can help them
- whether the conventional benchmarks for success are helping us guide our teens, or need updating
- the challenges of expressing compassion for your teen while also holding her accountable for her choices
- dealing with loss of control or loss of connection in your relationship with your teenager
- engendering respectful treatment from your teen
- remaining credible and relevant to your kids as they become young adults
This talk was originally given to a congregation of parents at All Souls Church, NYC, in April 2015.
How Do I Get Started?
Free 10-Min Chat
Ask a question or request an appointment below. For emergencies call 911 or visit your nearest hospital.